Feria de Cali is what I believe the number one salsa event in the world and has been going on for more than 58 years. It starts every year on Christmas Day, December 25th, and continue through to the 30th.
The Fair of Cali, also called Fair of the Caña, is a celebration celebrated annually from 1957 in the city vallecaucana of Cali in Colombia that takes place between the 25 and the 30 of December.
At the fair in Cali The most important events are the salsódromo and the superconcierto. The most important national and international orchestras in the world of salsa are participating, there are other participants in tropical dance rhythms.
Events and programming of the Cali Fair
- It was an initiative created to reinforce the salsa identity of the city, and reaffirm that national and international positioning as the world capital of salsa (2002). During the event 1,300 dancers from the best salsa schools in the city parade dancing with choreographies alluding to salsa. It has become the most important event of the fair and the one that has gathered about 600,000 people.
- Superconcert: Held at the Estadio Olímpico Pascual Guerrero and is generally the most important musical offer of the year. There are renowned artists and exponents of various musical genres.
- Meeting of Salsómanos, Music lovers and Collectors: Traditional event of the fair, where people who are passionate about music gather, salsa collectors and spectators in general. Starting in 2012, it takes place in the Pan American Panels, during the six days of the fair.
- Reign of the Sugar Cane: It has been done intermittently in different fairs, and its purpose besides enriching the offer of shows of the fair, is to exalt the tradition of beautiful women of the city and integrate the brotherhood between the Pan American countries.
- Chiquiferia: Space created with events and mechanical attractions for children.
- Tascas: Cultural and gastronomic offer during the fair season, meeting place and complement of the main events.
- Taurine season: One of the most characteristic events of the Cali Fair. It takes place in the Plaza de Toros de Cañaveralejo and is organized by the same bullring.
Tours & Tickets in Cali Colombia
|CALI TRAVEL GUIDE|
If you’re travelling to Colombia, we help you:
Practical information about Colombia: Climate – How to get to Colombia – Visa, Customs, Documentation and Taxes – Embassies and consulates in Colombia – Health and vaccination – Emergency numbers – Culture of Colombia – Measures and Electricity – Currency of Colombia
Tourist Information about Colombia: General Information – Practical information about Colombia – Adventure Colombia – Hotels and accommodations in Colombia – How to Get to Colombia – Gastronomy in Colombia – Colombia’s Best Festivals and Carnivals – Tourist Attractions in Colombia – Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Colombia – Tips and advice for travel in Colombia – Top 10 Colombian Travel Destinations – Natural regions of Colombia – Cultural Tourism in Colombia – UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists – UNESCO Heritage Sites in Colombia – Top 10 amazing places to visit in Colombia – Colombian Cuisine – Tourism of Nature
Travel Guide of Colombia: Colombia Travel Guide – Amazonas – Antioquia – Arauca – Atlántico – Bolivar – Boyacá – Caldas – Caquetá – Casanare – Cauca – Cesar – Chocó – Córdoba – Cundinamarca – Guanía – Guaviare – Huila – La Guajira – Magdalena – Meta – Nariño – Norte de Santander – Putumayo – Quindio – Risaralda – San Andrés y Providencia – Santander – Sucre – Tolima – Valle del Cauca – Vaupés – Vichada