Hotels in Capurganá, Choco, Colombia – Ecological tourism and plans in the Colombian Atalntic. Hotels, accommodation, travel guide, air tickets, gastronomy, attractions, activities, whale watching, beaches, photos, how to get there, how to get around, fairs and festivals, Trips and all the necessary information to plan an unforgettable vacation in Capurganá and Sapzurro Colombia
The main attraction of Capurganá for nature lovers is to enjoy a holiday free of motor vehicles. In Capurganá there are no vehicles since it is completely disconnected from the rest the country. Capurganaá also offers tourists its small crystal clear beach with a nearby coral reef for snorkeling enthusiasts and a real rainforest with mountains and waterfalls. By sea it is easy to travel to the nearby bays of Sapzurro, La Miel (Honey), El Aguacate (Avocado) and Soledad Beach. It is a “must see” tour to walk for one hour to the EL Cielo notch (Heaven) and the “Pool of the Gods” where you can admire nature in all its splendor.
There are some tourist and adventure activities that you can do in Capurgana, among them is diving, horseback riding and fishing.
Although Colombia has a very extensive coastline in the Caribbean Sea, many coastal waters are turbid due to sediment from large rivers that flow into the sea. One exception is the short length of 30 km that starts from the border with Panama (Cape Tiburon) to the Acandi municipality. This stretch of coastline is bathed by crystal clear waters suitable for practice of Scuba diving and snorkeling. Beyond the Acandí Township and bordering half of the Caribbean Colombian coast to the archipelago of San Bernardo in the Gulf of Morrosquillo the sea is dark by the action of the mighty river Atrato and river Sinu.
The best time for diving is in the middle of the winter season from April to November when the waves practically disappear. During the summer from January to March the wave action becomes intense, making navigation difficult and not appropriate for tourists unaccustomed to sea life. Capurganá dive operators have certified PADI international agencies that highlight that work to international standards.
WHAT TO DO IN CAPURGANA:
- Botanical Garden of the Darien: It is a landscape of humid and tropical jungle, with an infrastructure of beautiful footpaths in stone, hanging bridges and sea coast. Enjoy ecological walks along the paths from Cuna to Maloca, to the river from the Maloca, path to the mountain, the Laguito, to the Mango and the Higuerón. A walk not only of rest but of learning.
- San Blas Islands: It is an archipelago made up of more than 300 islands belonging to Panama, of which approximately 10 are only 2 hours from Capurganá. Two of its main attractions is the visit to the indigenous Kuna who make beautiful springs (designs in cloth) and the realization of a great variety of water sports of extreme adrenaline.
- Sapzurro and La Miel: Sapzurro is a town located on the border with Panama, very close to Capurganá. It is accessed by means of ecological trails of comfortable walks that almost always end up with a good dish made with the marine variety or also by boat 15 minutes of travel. The Honey in Panama separated from Sapzurro by a small hill is a very quiet place of rest and precise for the practice of Snorkeling. Do not miss the magical beaches of this Caribbean coast.
- Nature Reserve El Cielo: Take a trek through the jungle or a horseback ride from Capurganá where you access the exotic landscape of huge trees, colorful birds and a herd of monkeys in the Darién; Ending in the Capurganá river and with a bath in the fresh water spa along with beautiful falls of crystal clear water.
- Playa Soledad: A quiet beach 30 minutes from Capurganá, is covered with beautiful mangroves and white sandy beaches. You can enjoy the sun or mask and marvel at the colorful fish, corals and rays.
- El Aguacate: Located 20 minutes by boat from Capurganá, it is a bay of great beauty with a wide marine gastronomy, a natural swimming pool as well as beautiful fish and corals.
- Shopping: There are various craft lands of the Kuna, who perform striking crafts, especially in the spring a fabric made of brightly colored fabrics
- Hikes: Various routes can be made through the extensive green areas surrounding the beaches of the region.
How to get to Capurgana
- Through an international connection from Panama, departing from Panama City to Puerto Obaldía, Panama (40 minutes, USD 70.00 one way), from Puerto Obaldía to Capurganá, Colombia, by boat (30 minutes, USD 20.00 ). And less than 5 minutes by boat from Capurganá to Aguacate.
- Also on a domestic flight from Medellin, Colombia to Capurganá (50 minutes, USD 150.00 one way). Less than 5 minutes by boat from Capurganá to Avocado.
- National connection by road to and from Turbo, Colombia, daily there are fast boats that connect to Capurganá (2 hours and a half, USD 30.00). There is also less than 5 minutes by boat from Capurganá to Aguacate, although leaving from Turbo, Bahía Aguacate is first that Capurganá. By road you can not reach either nationally or internationally.
- The local transport is by trolleys pulled by donkeys, bicycles and horses, there are no cars, it is like returning in time.
Practical information about Colombia: Climate – How to get to Colombia – Visa, Customs, Documentation and Taxes – Embassies and consulates in Colombia – Health and vaccination – Emergency numbers – Culture of Colombia – Measures and Electricity – Currency of Colombia
Tourist Information about Colombia: General Information – Practical information about Colombia – Adventure Colombia – Hotels and accommodations in Colombia – How to Get to Colombia – Gastronomy in Colombia – Colombia’s Best Festivals and Carnivals – Tourist Attractions in Colombia – Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Colombia – Tips and advice for travel in Colombia – Top 10 Colombian Travel Destinations – Natural regions of Colombia – Cultural Tourism in Colombia – UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists – UNESCO Heritage Sites in Colombia – Top 10 amazing places to visit in Colombia – Colombian Cuisine – Tourism of Nature
Travel Guide of Colombia: Colombia Travel Guide – Amazonas – Antioquia – Arauca – Atlántico – Bolivar – Boyacá – Caldas – Caquetá – Casanare – Cauca – Cesar – Chocó – Córdoba – Cundinamarca – Guanía – Guaviare – Huila – La Guajira – Magdalena – Meta – Nariño – Norte de Santander – Putumayo – Quindio – Risaralda – San Andrés y Providencia – Santander – Sucre – Tolima – Valle del Cauca – Vaupés – Vichada
Flights, Cheap Airfare Deals & Plane Tickets