Lake Calima Tourism Guide is a comprehensive directory of tourism, travel and holiday options throughout Lake Calima. Find and book Calima Lake accommodation, attractions, tours and transport. Browse extensive Calima Lake travel information, things to do and see, weather information, travel prices, regional information and self-drive holiday routes. lake Calima Tourism Guide is the perfect site to plan and book your.
is the largest artificial lake in Colombia with an area of 70 km². It is located in the municipality of Darién in the Valle del Cauca Department. Calima Lake has become a place for water sports and leisure activities. Vacation centers, restaurants and camping zones were built near the lake, and is currently a popular place frequented by both national and international tourists, especially those from nearby cities and towns like Cali and Buga. The elevation of the lake is 1500 meters (4950 feet) above sea level.
Calima’s DAM: Lago Calima is a reservoir near Cali, popular with watersports fans
Calima’s DAM was built by PERINI Company between 1961 and 1964. Opened on may 29th 1966, in an area of 4780 acres flooded with 581 million cubic meters ready to produce energy. The average water temperature is 22.8°C. The dam is 13 kilometers long by 1.5 Kilometers wide. It is located 1400 Meters above sea level. Although its main purpose is to produce electricity, this dam has become a landmark tour of southwestern Colombia, In particular, thanks to its landscape and temperate climate with an average temperature of 18°C (65°F).
Calima el Darién – Valle del Cauca Colombia
Calima is a municipality located in the Department of Valle del Cauca, Colombia. Its main urban area is the town of Darién.
Calima was founded on August 1, 1912 by a group of settlers Valle del Cauca, Antioquia and Caldas. Her two name comes from the Calima or fog that continually covers part of its territory and Darien name given by one of its founding by the similarity found with some region of the department of Choco Darien.
Calima el Darién – This town is popular with tourist as it preserves over 1.000 years of the history of the Valle
The Municipality of has a large water potential mainly consisting of Calima, Bravo and azul rivers and numerous tributaries thereof. This determined the choice of this area for the construction of the dam in the 60 Calima.
The main source of economy of the Municipality of Calima Darien is now tourism, gradually replacing the farming happened to occupy the second rung of the economy.
In the waters of Lake Calima is possible to practice various water sports, which has contributed to the growth of tourism in the region, now has a good selection of hotels, rental vacations, villas, cabins, home vacations, hostels, clubs, recreation centers from various companies, holiday country homes, a variety of restaurants and tourist services in the lake.
Limits of Calima Darién: bounded on the north by the department of Choco, on the west with the municipality of Buenaventura, on the east by the municipalities of Yotoco and Riofío and south by the towns of Restrepo and Dagua.
Lake Calima offers an unlimited selection of quality tourist attractions and activities for a fun-filled vacation.
Calima Lake has become a place for water sports and leisure activities. Vacation centers, restaurants and camping zones were built near the lake, and is currently a popular place frequented by both national and international tourists, especially those from nearby cities and towns like Cali and Buga. The elevation of the lake is 1500 meters (4950 feet) above sea level.
Accommodation in Calima Lake
Lake Calima, Also known as Calima Dam, offers a wide variety of accommodation options, hotels with cabins right on the lake shore with restaurant and pool service, hotels in Darien’s Downtown (nearest town), private villas with pool, jacuzzi and other ammenities, and Camping Sites also. If all this is added the landscape that meets and mixes jungle mountain peaks bathed in fog, sun glare on the mirror of the lake and architecture which highlights the Swiss chalet style, plus the warmth of its people smiling, you will know why you want to return to this paradise.
|Fincas Lago Calima – Book your Hotel NOW!|
Traveler Tips and recommendations on Lake Calima, Darién
- Suitable clothes: Climate and Environment Calima Lake Colombia has a variable temperature, the maximum temperature can reach 25 ° C and the minimum is usually at night reaches 16 ° C. hot climates, it is common to use light clothing materials like cotton, in order to remain cool and comfortable. In temperate or cold climates, is the use of traditional clothing that protects the skin from contact of cold air. There, usually woven in wool or coats are used.
- Electricity:The Calima Darién and Lago Calima electricity is 110 volts. The shots are of the American type, with two flat pin input. The electrical flow in hotels is generally regulated. Release adapters and power converters are achieved. It is advisable to ask before connecting electrical appliances.
- Restaurant Tipping: Tips are financial rewards that are given as thanks for good service and the product consumed. In Colombia, for some services, the bill includes 10% of the value to remove. Remember that tipping is entirely voluntary, although its value is included in the bill.
- ATMs: There are 3 electronic machines that could be used, are: Bancolombia, Servibanca and ATH. It should encuenta that at times are not operating or money, for this reason it is recommended to carry cash to avoid inconveniences.
- Banks: Banco Agrario and Bancolombia offices, hours are Tuesday through Saturday at Bancolombia and the Agricultural Bank is open Monday to Friday.
- Indicative of city: International indicative of Calima Darien is +57 (602)
- Internet: In the towns and rural districts there are internet cafes, where you can rent a computer with internet connection for an hour or fraction, at affordable prices.
Tours & Tickets in Cali Colombia
|CALI TRAVEL GUIDE|
If you’re travelling to Colombia, we help you:
Practical information about Colombia: Climate – How to get to Colombia – Visa, Customs, Documentation and Taxes – Embassies and consulates in Colombia – Health and vaccination – Emergency numbers – Culture of Colombia – Measures and Electricity – Currency of Colombia
Tourist Information about Colombia: General Information – Practical information about Colombia – Adventure Colombia – Hotels and accommodations in Colombia – How to Get to Colombia – Gastronomy in Colombia – Colombia’s Best Festivals and Carnivals – Tourist Attractions in Colombia – Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Colombia – Tips and advice for travel in Colombia – Top 10 Colombian Travel Destinations – Natural regions of Colombia – Cultural Tourism in Colombia – UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists – UNESCO Heritage Sites in Colombia – Top 10 amazing places to visit in Colombia – Colombian Cuisine – Tourism of Nature
Travel Guide of Colombia: Colombia Travel Guide – Amazonas – Antioquia – Arauca – Atlántico – Bolivar – Boyacá – Caldas – Caquetá – Casanare – Cauca – Cesar – Chocó – Córdoba – Cundinamarca – Guanía – Guaviare – Huila – La Guajira – Magdalena – Meta – Nariño – Norte de Santander – Putumayo – Quindio – Risaralda – San Andrés y Providencia – Santander – Sucre – Tolima – Valle del Cauca – Vaupés – Vichada
Flights, Cheap Airfare Deals & Plane Tickets